Is it possible to lose up to 10 pounds in 2 weeks? This is a serious weight loss goal for anyone, and it’s an important topic these days with obesity on the rise.
Whether you are looking for a weight loss diet plan for men or women, there are all kinds of diets out there to help you learn how to lose body fat. The 3 day military diet is a quick weight loss program that I’m sure you’ve heard about, but it’s not a healthy way to lose weight quickly. I wrote why it’s not healthy in one of my previous articles.
When you plan to lose weight, it’s important to do so the right way…the healthy way. The best way to lose body fat is to pick the most effective diet for you. And…quite frankly, that can be difficult. Diets for women, and diets for men don’t have to be so different from one another. Right now, you may be asking your self “what is the best weight loss plan for me?”
In this Mayo Clinic Diet review, I want to discuss with you the diet and give you my outlook and review on it. Recently, here at The Nutritional Source, we partnered with The Mayo Clinic Diet because of the research and people involved behind the diet program. There are a lot of reviews of Mayo Clinic Diet, but most do not explain the reasons behind why it is one of the best diets out there. The Mayo Clinic Diet menu, in my opinion, is the easiest diet to follow, with the right tools and motivation.
Before we begin, I want to point out that The Mayo Clinic Diet is one of the best diets for men and women. This is important to know as you read this review. So let’s jump right in and take a look at my Mayo Clinic Diet review, the Mayo Clinic Diet menu, and what you can expect from the best weight loss programs out there.
What Is The Mayo Clinic Diet Meal Plan?
The Mayo Clinic Diet is the official diet developed by the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. It is one of the best diets for women and men. The Mayo Clinic Diet menu focuses on your overall health and lifestyle along with what you eat, making it the most effective diet and best diets for men and women.
It also provides you with the tools and helps you to stay healthy. The Mayo Clinic Diet plan provides tips on how to break old, unhealthy habits (like eating while watching TV) and forming new, healthy ones (like exercising).
The program has two phases: “Lose It!” and “Live It!”
Phase 1: Lose It!
Prior to starting the Mayo Clinic Diet, you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire in order to generate your personal profile. The answers to these questions are important in order to build your personalized workouts and personalized meal plans. The questions look similar to this…
Once you fill out your profile and answer your questions, the Mayo Clinic Diet provides you with a tool called the Habit Tracker. When following the Mayo Clinic Diet menu, your habit tracker will help you lose weight and keep track of habits. This diet phase teaches you how to lose weight in two weeks.
During the “Lose It!” phase, you’ll use the Habit Tracker with your Mayo Clinic Diet menu to help jump-start your weight loss and lose up to 6 to 10 pounds in two weeks. Some people have learned how to lose 2 pounds a week by following this diet and custom workout programs.
During Phase 1 – “Lose It!” focuses on 15 key habits that the Mayo Clinic experts have decided are necessary for weight-loss. When focusing on these 15 key habits, some are actually very easy while others tend to be more challenging. Like anything in life, results take time, work, and effort.
As I write this Mayo Clinic Diet review, it’s important to understand that the combination of all of the 15 key habits together will give you the results you’re after. It’s important to focus on as many of them as you can. It’s not hard, but there are some that, at first, you might want to skip or ignore. Keep up your with your willpower!
It’s also important to note, this phase of the Mayo Clinic Diet is for only two weeks. It will begin to get easier over time and when you begin to get used to the lifestyle changes, the Mayo Clinic Diet menu will become second nature.
By sticking with your new Habit Tracker, you’re going to be encouraged and motivated to perform as many of the habits each day as possible over the first 14 days. It’s important to check off the habits as you complete them. This Habit Tracker makes the Mayo Clinic Diet menu one of the best online diet plans out there. Developed by health experts is one perk that makes The Mayo Clinic Diet one of the best diets for men and women.
As you check mark the habits off on your list, your daily Progress Report will update with some new information. If you’re wondering how to find the best diet for me?, this Progress Report is a fantastic tool that separates the Mayo Clinic from any of the best online diet plans out there as well.
The Mayo Clinic Diet does a great job to keep you on track, making it the best diet for me, the best diet for couples, and overall the best diets out there. Progress Report will help you identify strengths and weaknesses, as well as behavioral and eating patterns so you can make the proper adjustments.
In “Lose it!” you’ll begin eating: a healthy breakfast, different fruits and veggies (these will help fight free radicals), whole grains, healthy fats (like a keto diet) and at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
The Mayo Clinic Diet will help you stop eating: while watching TV, sugar (read more on sugar withdrawal symptoms you may experience), snacking (except on fruits and veggies), eating too much red meat and dairy, and eating out (unless the food you order follows the rules from this best rated diet plan and menu).
If you’re feeling really motivated, you’ll also pick up bonus habits like saving food, activity and goal diaries; begin exercising an hour or more per day; and eating minimally processed “real food” to lose weight and love handles.
Phase 2: Live it!
In the “Live it!” phase of the Mayo Clinic Diet, you’ll use what you learned in the “Lose it!” phase, but be allowed to occasionally break the rules.
You’ll also calculate the number of calories and carbs you can eat while still losing a couple of pounds each week. The Mayo Clinic Diet menu and meal plan teaches you to not count every calorie in every food you eat, but rather focus on servings and serving sizes.
On a 1,500-calorie plan, for example, you’re allowed four or more servings of fruits and veggies, five servings of carbs, four of protein/dairy and three of fats.
What’s a serving? For fruit it’s the size of a tennis ball; for protein, no bigger than a deck of cards. If you fill out the Free Diet Profile on this page, you will be asked these questions to get started, like I showed you above. When searching for the best diet for women or men, finding the sweet spot in the “Live it!” phase with regular exercise is going to set you up for success.
Will You Lose Weight?
The Mayo Clinic Diet is one of the best weight loss programs out there. Although the only research specifically evaluating the diet comes from the Mayo Clinic itself, the results are promising. If you read my health and nutrition blog regularly, you will quickly learn why The Nutritional Source partnered with the Mayo Clinic Diet.
Other than this diet for men and women, you can also choose natural weight loss supplements like Phen375. It is one of the most popular weight loss product in US market.
Here at The Nutritional Source, we write articles based on research and from highly sought key opinion leaders. When signing up for the Mayo Clinic Diet, you can trust that there is a large team behind the science of the diet itself. In fact, here are a few of the doctors involved with creating the diet. If you would like to read more about each of them, you can click here.
The principles behind one of the most effective diets are backed by a plethora of research, the same research I write about in this blog, which results in:
- Most successful diets
- Easiest diet to follow
- One of the best diet plans for women
- One of the best diets for men
In a 2008 research program, 53 obese Mayo Clinic employees followed the “Lose it!” phase for two weeks. These employees lost an average of 8 pounds. Nearly all of the 46 people who finished lost 4 or more pounds. The majority lost between 6 to 10 pounds. There was no control group.
Usually, diets filled with low-energy-dense foods have been shown to help you lose body fat and lose weight. It’s important to pay attention to the glycemic index of foods to know how they affect you. Low energy dense foods promote fullness with fewer calories, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can download their report here.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2007 conducted a study of 97 obese women. The researchers randomly assigned dieters to either a low-energy-dense, low-fat diet or a low-energy-dense, low-fat diet that emphasized fruits and vegetables.
After a year, both groups lost weight, and the fruits and vegetables group lost even more – 14 pounds compared to 11 pounds. More studies are needed to confirm the findings obviously.
Most Effective Diet | Is It Easy To Follow?
In my personal opinion, I think that The Mayo Clinic Diet is the most effective diet around. When researching other diets on US News’ Best Diets, most diets for men and women scored below a 3 for long term weight loss. This is good news for the Mayo Clinic Diet menu scoring a “moderately effective” long term weight loss score.
According to US News Best Diets, the Mayo Clinic Diet gets a 4.3 out of 5 star rating for nutrition.
One hard part for most people who start with the Mayo Clinic Diet menu will find the restricting “Lose it!” phase to be somewhat difficult. That’s why it only lasts two weeks.
Once you begin to set a routine for yourself in the “Live it!” phase and find no foods completely off limits, you’ll be more likely to stick around for the long haul. This diet is not a “lose weight quick then go back to your old habits” diet. In fact, no diet is like that. I explained why 95% of diets fail in a previous post, it’s worth a read.
- Convenience – You are free to eat out, as long as you let the Mayo Clinic Diet menu food pyramid point you in the right direction for menu options. If you are a fan of drinking wine or beer, you might see a little bit of a restriction here. And while a slew of Mayo guides make developing your plan easier, there’s just no way to avoid the grocery store and stove. One tool to help with meal planning is Real Plans. Here at The Nutritional Source, we also teamed up with Real Plans to help you with meal planning. More on that in a minute…
- Taste – You can only blame yourself if the foods don’t taste good. You are making everything that you eat, just like most other diet plans.
- Recipes – The Mayo Clinic Diet is one of the best diets for men and women to help you lose 2 pounds a week. One downside that I found is that it doesn’t have the best recipes. But, don’t get discouraged. There is a great book I found on Amazon called: Fix-It and Enjoy-It Healthy Cookbook it’s packed with ideas. Once you understand healthy eating and serving sizes, you can use outside recipes to achieve the most effective diet for you. We also teamed up with Real Plans to help you with weight loss meal plans and meal planning. Watch the video below to learn more, then click here to get started.
- Eating out – Effective diets tend to pull you away from eating out. During the “Lose it!” phase, eating out is discouraged. In the fine print, it says you technically still can if you don’t stray from the guidelines.
- Timesavers – Most Mayo Clinic Diet reviews won’t teach you how to lose a pound a week and would most likely tell you there are no timesavers. They would most likely say you need to hire someone to plan your meals, create a shopping list, etc. AND workout for you to save time (this ain’t happenin’). Only you can workout, so I can’t help you there…sorry. But, like I mentioned, here at The Nutritional Source, we partnered with Real Plans to help you meal plan create your own Mayo Clinic Diet menu…the healthy way. Again, you can learn more about Real Plans and how it can save you time with diet plans for women and men here.
- Perks – The book provides meal planning, grocery shopping, and guides on what to eat at restaurants. It helps with teaching you the nutritional basics and gives helpful advice for staying motivated. Mayo doesn’t have any book-specific resources online, but you can read and learn from their large database of diet-related material.
- Satiety and feeling full – Nutrition experts emphasize the importance of satiety. This is when you realize that you’ve eaten enough food. You shouldn’t feel hungry when following the Mayo Clinic Diet. In the “Lose it!” phase, you can munch on as many vegetables and fruits as you’d like. As you work towards your weight loss goals, you will be given a calorie cap. This is important to follow as it guides you to eating low energy dense fruits, vegetables and high in fiber whole grains that should keep you feeling full for longer periods.
- Alcohol – Drinking alcohol on the Mayo Clinic died is NOT allowed during the “Lose it!” phase. When you move to the “Live it!” phase, alcohol is to be considered a “treat” with no more than roughly 500 calories from alcohol per week. Alcohol is usually not aloud in any diet plans for women and men.
Health & Nutrition | The Mayo Clinic Diet Support
Like I mentioned in this Mayo Clinic Diet review, this is one of the best diets for women and men. It was developed by the country’s highest-profile medical centers and has many health experts to support it.
The Mayo Clinic Diet Review | What You Get
The Mayo Clinic Diet website has some free tools and weight loss ideas to teach you how to lose 2 pounds a week. In order to fully benefit from one of the best diets for women and men, you’ll need to pay $5 a week which is billed each quarter for $65 to gain access. This is another reason why the Mayo Clinic Diet is the best diet plan for women and men.
The $65 price point for 13 weeks is $5 a week. You most likely are spending more money per month to access the internet in order to read this post.
Once you subscribe, you can search for meal plans and recipes, use real-time tracking tools to help you stick to new habits, and get fitness plans that are custom-made for you. If you want help with meal planning, click the meal plan button under the video.
When you start to wonder what is included with the Mayo Clinic Diet, I had to make it easy for you. Take a look at the picture below to see everything that comes with the program for just $65.
I was also able to find some Mayo Clinic Diet reviews of some real life people who have been following the diet for some time. When it comes to knowing the best diet for women, and the best diet for men, The Mayo Clinic Diet menu has you covered!
Read More Mayo Clinic Diet Reviews
Seth and Beverly’s story…
I am interested in hearing what your thoughts are on the Mayo Clinic Diet. Be sure to fill out your free diet profile by clicking here to get started.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below 🙂 If you have any questions, shoot me an email at [email protected], I try to answer everyone who sends me an email!