- 1 Top 7 Best Joint Supplements
- 1.0.1 We understand how hard it is to find the best joint supplement. Here at The Nutritional Source, we’ve dedicated time and research to provide you with the 7 best joint supplement products for maintaining healthy joints from your everyday wear and tear. We’ve gone through almost 30 different brands and have selected them based on their ingredients, performance and ability to aid in joint health.
- 2 What Makes The Best Joint Supplement, The Best?
- 3 Top 7 Best Joint Health Supplements
- 4 1. Acusil: Joint Health Pain Relief Supplement
- 5 2. Joint Support by Zenwise Labs
- 6 3. Bayberg Joint Health
- 7 4. Actif Joint 4-in-1 Joint Supplements
- 8 5. Animal Flex Complete Joint Support Supplements
- 9 6. Joint Support Supplement by Bradeson Naturals
- 10 7. Doctor’s Best Join Supplement
- 11 Conclusion
Top 7 Best Joint Supplements
We understand how hard it is to find the best joint supplement. Here at The Nutritional Source, we’ve dedicated time and research to provide you with the 7 best joint supplement products for maintaining healthy joints from your everyday wear and tear. We’ve gone through almost 30 different brands and have selected them based on their ingredients, performance and ability to aid in joint health.
It’s important to stay healthy and keep your joints intact — and strong. Avoiding joint injuries is ideal, but if you’re an avid exerciser and are pushing your body to the limits, you’ll want to be sure to protect your joints from taking an unnecessary beating with the proper joint health supplements.
When looking for the best supplements for joint pain, you need to know the right ingredients to look for.
Making sure you get enough vitamin D will help you efficiently absorb enough calcium and maintain strong bones. But what about maintaining healthy joints and cartilage? With that being said, this list will help you decide on the best supplements for joints.
Make sure you understand that the majority of these joint supplements contain the best glucosamine and chondroitin compounds. These ingredients have shown a good safety record in studies of up to three years, but they may interact with some drugs, particularly blood thinners. So talk with your doctor before taking them.
**Also, beware that some of the glucosamine found in these products are extracted from shellfish. If you have a shellfish allergy, check the exact ingredient. I don’t want you to get sick!**
Glucosamine and chondroitin are two substances naturally found within your healthy cartilage. Research indicates that glucosamine sulfate – alone or in combination with chondroitin sulfate – can help relieve pain, aid with joint mobility, and slow osteoarthritis-related damage to your joints.
With that being said, first on our list is the Acusil: Joint Health Pain Relief Supplement from Progressive Health. Acusil can be helpful in the management of mild pain and inflammation commonly experienced by people who experience bursitis (inflammation of the fluid sac between your bones, muscles, tendons, joints, etc).
Joint Support by Zenwise Labs comes in second. This is one of the best joint relief supplements and helps get rid of painful stiffness while getting your blood flowing again. Joint Support by Zenwise Labs helps reduce aches, pains, soreness and inflammation within your joints – for a good price.
Bayberg Joint Health makes the third spot on our review list. Not only does it contain powerful joint healing compounds, it also contains quercetin – a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory flavonoid which helps prevent cancer.
Side note – eating foods to fight cancer and free radicals is important for your overall health. Here at The Nutritional Source, I have written many articles on antioxidants and how they can aid with better overall health.
Actif Joint 4-in-1 Joint Supplements offers fast relief of joint pain, back pain, inflammation and swelling. It is different from the rest because it also includes essential omega fatty acids 3, 6, and 9.
Animal Flex Complete Joint Support Supplements by Universal Nutrition is our fifth pick. This too is one of the best joint supplements on the market. It has won BodyBuilding.com’s joint supplement award 8 years in a row.
What Makes The Best Joint Supplement, The Best?
There are several factors that make joint supplements a powerhouse supplement to help relieve pain in your joints. Such factors include the ingredients used:
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), may provide raw materials that your body needs in order to make cartilage. MSM is a pure, organic, non-toxic, non-metallic element that is found throughout nature. Taking MSM can slightly reduce pain and swelling and improve function in people with osteoarthritis. Recommended Dosage: 1-2 grams per day.
- Glucosamine is a naturally occurring compound that gives your joints the building blocks they require to help repair damage caused by osteoarthritis or joint injuries. Recommended Dosage: Take 500mg 3 times per day. (For a total of 1500mg per day).
- Chondroitin is essential for your cartilage health. It gives cartilage its structure and aids with holding water and nutrients. Chondroitin helps other molecules to move through your cartilage, which is important because there is no blood supply to your cartilage. Recommended Dosage: 200-300mg 3 times a day (for a total of 600-900mg per day) with meals.
- Turmeric and Curcumin help reduce pain, inflammation, and stiffness related to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA) and is known for treating bursitis. Recommended Dosage: 400 mg to 600 mg, three times per day. I wrote a detailed article on turmeric and curcumin for you to read here.
- Other joint health ingredients include quercetin, Boswellia, hyaluronic acid, omega 3’s and more. Be sure to pick the best joint pain supplement that’s right for you.
Top 7 Best Joint Health Supplements
As with everything, you need to be selective with joint supplements to ensure the product is offering a quality that will match your joint’s specific needs and sensitivities. Eating healthy, avoiding sugars, working out more often, and fighting free radicals are all important for joint health. How do you choose the right one for you?
Below are the 7 best joint supplements that have received rave reviews across several websites, and are formulated in a way that is designed to benefit each variable present in your joint health.
Bursitis can be a very painful experience. Acusil has been reviewed to help improve range of motion in other’s shoulders while reducing pain and swelling. These joint pills are a natural supplement for bursitis disease that works with reducing pain and inflammation to help increase your joint mobility.
This is one of the best joint supplements on the market and includes curcumin. Curcumin may work as aspirin and ibuprofen (natural anti-inflammatory) for treating osteoarthritis and pain. I wrote an article on curcumin and turmeric that you may find helpful.
Many have written great reviews on this supplement for joint support. As it may not be a miracle cure, it sure can help you with your aches and pains in your joints.
Contains: 500mg MSM, 200mg Turmeric, 100mg white willow extract, 150mg Boswellia Serrata, 150mg ginger extract.
The more you buy, the more you save! The coupon codes are listed on Amazon for you. Joint Support by Zenwise Labs contains a powerful blend of glucosamine, chrondroitin and MSM that can reduce your aches, pains, soreness and inflammation in your joints.
A double-blind study of 178 Chinese patients suffering from osteoarthritis in their knee found that taking 1,500 mg of glucosamine each day for four weeks, was more effective and safer than taking ibuprofen.
It also contains hyaluronic acid which regulates several aspects of tissue repair, including activation of inflammatory cells to enhance immune response. This can help cushion and lubricate your joints to help you stay healthier and give you a more mobile lifestyle with less pain.
Many reviewers find this to be one of the best joint supplements on the market. The amount of hyaluronic acid is responsible for helping those with extreme pain from osteoarthritis in their joints. Zenwise Labs joint supplements work to relieve pain and increase mobility quickly!
Contains: 1500mg of glucosamin, 1200mg of chrondroitin, and 1000mg MSM, hyaluronic acid 25mg, curcumin 100mg, and Boswellia 100mg.
Bayberg Joint Health joint supplement contains some of the best ingredients for joint health:
- Glucosamine – naturally occurring compound that gives your joints the building blocks to repair.
- Chondroitin – There is no blood supply to cartilage, and chondroitin allows molecules and nutrients to move through your cartilage.
- MSM – Provides raw materials to your body in order to make cartilage.
- Turmeric & Curcumin – Read the full detailed article I wrote here.
- Boswelia – Can reduce pain and considerably improve knee joint functions.
- Methionine – Anti-inflammatory properties, pain-reliever and stimulates the formation of cartilage tissue.
- Quercetin – a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory flavonoid which helps prevent cancer.
When taking Bayberg joint supplements, you will begin to produce more collagen within your joints. These supplements help keep your cartilage hydrated which helps with joint flexibility and mobility.
This joint supplement will leave you feeling much better with less pain. It is one of the best joint supplements for arthritis and can help get rid of that “disjointed” feeling when moving your ams, legs, hips, and fingers.
Contains: 1500mg of glucosamin, 150mg of chrondroitin, 25mg MSM, 150mg Turmeric, 200mg Boswellia Serrata, Quercetin 25mg, Methionine 25mg, and Bromelain 25mg.
Actif Joint 4-1 makes our list as one of the best supplements for joint health because of its ingredients. It contains glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, AND fish oil. Specifically DHA, EPA, and Omega 3,6,9.
EPA and DHA may affect many aspects of cardiovascular function including inflammation, peripheral artery disease, major coronary events, and anticoagulation. Actif Joint 4 in 1 only contains 100mg of these fatty acids. According to Dr. Mercola, 500mg is recommended each day. So be sure to up the dosage if needed.
Actif has helped many people around the world with joint pain. It has received a 4.9 out of 5 star rating on Amazon!
Contains: 500mg of glucosamin, 200mg of chrondroitin, 250mg MSM, and 100mg Omega 3’s.
Animal Flex’s Complete Joint Support Supplements are very convenient and only require one pill each day. This joint supplement supports more than just joints, it also takes care of your tendons and your ligaments with one pill each day.
The ingredients in the Animal Flex’s joint supplement help reduce pain associated with inadequate lubrication and padding between your bones within the joints. If your knees and hips are bothering you from strenuous exercise, old age, degenerative disease, or a mixture of all three, then this product will absolutely help you to some degree.
This company markets their product towards the “extreme athlete” but regardless if you are training for a marathon, or an elderly person, the contents and ingredients are the same. This product does contain maltodextrin which is highly processed and broken down into a sugar. I wrote a detailed article on sugar here.
Contains: 3000mg of glucosamin, chrondroitin, and MSM collectively. Contains 1000mg of bromelain, Quercetin, and turmeric collectively.
Bradeson Naturals contain all the ingredients from other products on our list of best joint supplements, but includes a 100% money back guarantee. This product contains all the potent ingredients you need to support your joint health and get rid of pain.
The Bradeson Naturals joint supplement formula does not contain any: binders, gluten, wheat, dairy, sugar, soy, hormones. Like other joint supplements in this list, for quicker relief, you may take six capsules for the first two weeks, then decrease to just 3 per day.
Contains: 1500mg of glucosamine, 150mg of chrondroitin, 150mg turmeric, and 25mg of MSM.
Doctor’s Best Joint Supplement is truly a hidden gem. With it’s low price compared to other leading brands, it contains most of the same ingredients with a large number of Amazon reviews.
Each serving provides 750mg of glucosamine sulfate, 600mg of chondroitin sulfate, and 500mg of MSM. It is recommended you take 2 capsules each day to feel the benefits of this joint supplement.
It also begins working fast and you most likely will not need to continue taking over the counter NSAIDS like ibuprofen for joint pain. Doctor’s Best provides you with the standard regular dose of these three ingredients. Some people have more severe joint pain and may require a higher dosage joint supplement.
Try a lower dosage joint supplement before you spend a lot of money on something you didn’t need in the first place. This is one of the best joint supplements out there to try depending on your pain levels.
Contains: 1500 mg of glucosamine, 1200 mg of chrondroitin, 1000 mg of MSM.
Regardless of the type joint pain you experience, your joints — like your personality — are completely unique.
How do you feel about the best joint supplements on the market? Do you have tips and tricks that you have stumbled upon in your quest for finding the best joint supplement?
What are some of the do’s and dont’s you have experienced on your joint care journey? What are you still looking to learn?